“You don’t always get what you wish for, you get what you WORK FOR!”

Gooood Morning!!

My five mile run this morning was absolutely beautiful. It was a pretty chilly morning, so I set out with my zip up, sweatpants, and one dollar pair of gloves, in addition to my mp3 player and my phone. The sun was shining and it made for the perfect way to start the week.

This also happened to be one of the first things I saw this morning, which only motivated me more.

Source

I followed my run up with a delicious, filling breakfast. I really wanted some pancakes after seeing April’s Nearly No Carb Pancakes on her blog last night. SO since I wanted some veggies as well, I had a small fluffy egg white, spinach, and mushroom omelette, followed by my version of her nearly no carb pancakes!

My tiny portion sized omelette in order to save room for some pancakes too!

MMM MMM MMM SO good.

And the few pancakes and sugar free syrup that managed to stay on the plate long enough for me to take a picture Winking smile

And yes, that is definitely an 80’s plate that I was clearly trying not to get the border of the plate in the picture. Time for some new dishware anyone? Smile with tongue out

Some exciting news will be up this week! Can’t wait to share with all of you!

What motivates you?

SO much. I have internal motivation, external motivation. My readers even motivate me! You guys rock!

What do you wear & take with you on your runs?

I always wear spandex shorts under shorts/pants and a tank top with a long sleeve shirt or zip up if needed for the weather. I always have my mp3 player and phone with me. Sometimes a key depending.

Do you ever have small portions of two things at one meal because you can’t decide between the two?

I do this ALLLLL the time! Smile with tongue out Usually a combo of a sweet & a savory. Refer to above HAH.

Where did you get your favorite dishwear?

I have some Ikea dishwear I love (I know – the cheap in me Smile), but it’s dark purple which means the food doesn’t show up well for blog posts.

1. Comment by Felicia:

I loveee anthropologie dishes and i always go to etsy to find unique mugs + bowls… i have an obsession.. and an expensive one hahah! i haven’t been on a long run since april! after my half marathon i was just done for a while. but the crisp air and beautiful leaves makes me want to go for one :)

OOO thank you for the anthropologie and etsy recommendations … I will be checking those out ASAP. Everything about fall makes me love long runs! I hope you had a blast with your half marathon, I’d love to chat with you sometime about it, I’m contemplating doing my first sometime in the relatively near future :)

2. Comment by Jodie:

I always take my ipod on my runs, I’m so addicted to it!…. I usually just buy cute and funky mugs/bowls when I run across something quirky….so none of mine stuff really matches but I kinda like it that way!! – Can’t wait to hear your exciting news this week!! ~~ BTW, that picture you posted is totally motivating!

What are your favorite songs? Ever been to jog.fm – I can’t wait until they come out with an android app – it matches songs to what pace you want to run. How awesome huh??

LOVE funky dishware too btw :)

I love that pic! Motivation can come in so many forms, keep rocking Jodie!

3. Comment by Allie:

Saw your post on Amazing Asset and just had to come over here! I’m working on doing more lifting and have had really great results as far as I’m concerned, but I always want to do more! Your blog has some great info/recipes/etc., so I’m excited about that. Also, love the quote :)

Weight lifting really sculpts your body and can do wonders!! I hope you can learn a lot here or at least try some yummy clean recipes that will support your goals :) I’m so excited to have you as a reader!!

4. Comment by Jillian @ DNA and Dessert:

I have two small portions of stuff all the time. I think I’m ADD when it comes to food. =D

5. Comment by Mac:

Just found your blog from your guest post this morning! I like getting some dishware at TJ Maxx, they have all sorts of random cute things there!

So glad you stopped by!! I didn’t even think to look at TJ Maxx for anything other than clothes … I will definitely be checking out the random dishware there next time. Thanks for the tip :)