Starting off 2012’s Goals with a Bang!

Goodmorning!! HAPPY 2012!! No better way to start 2012 than by lifting legs at the crack of dawn! You all know that’s my favorite! Glutton for punishment much?! Winking smile

Legs were followed by delicious pumpkin protein waffles!

Fresh out of the waffle iron!

Half-eaten and sprinkled with cinnamon and stevia. Nom. Nom. Nom!

We talk a lot about how to get you to your goals, but yesterday I promised you I’d share some of my accomplishments and goals with you!

So we’ve got a plan of attack for 2012!

Source

2011 has been a great year full of hard work, accomplishments, and it’s share of good times! Here are a few memorable ones that made it onto the blog-o-sphere (and since my long-term memory is apparently on vacation, if I think of more I will add them Smile)!

• First and foremost, Vanilla Bean Lean’s corner of the blog world was established! I can’t remember my life without this blog and chatting with all of you on a daily basis. How ever did I survive?! This is my first post, Hello World … it was so funny going back to read it!
  • I ran the Hot Chocolate 15K.
  • I ran my own half-marathon!
  • I became a FitFluential Ambassador!

I have way too many goals and aspirations to list, but I thought it’d be fun to list at least a few of my goals for 2012! Don’t be afraid to dream big! Let those dreams scare you a little, it means they’re outside that comfort zone … exactly where you’re going to find the biggest feeling of accomplishment!

Personal:

• Worry less. Why? “Worrying doesn’t take away tomorrow’s weaknesses, it only takes away today’s strength.”
  • Be more patient. Especially with those I love.

Fitness:

• Muscle gains with an emphasis on lower body gains (glutes baby!).

Source

• Run a technical half-marathon in a race I have to sign up for Winking smile
  • Contemplate running a marathon … who wants to convince me?
  • Deadlift 1.5x my bodyweight.
  • Try Crossfit at a “Box” (what the crossfit gyms are called).

Career:

• Counting down the days until Nursing school graduation in June of 2012!
  • Transition from EMT role to RN role.
  • Apply to Grad school.
  • Continue building my online Fitness & Nutrition business!

Blog:

• Continue making this blog an even more wonderful place!
  • Blog at least once a day.
  • VLOG for the first time.
  • Do some awesome giveaways!

• How are YOU starting off your 2012?
  • What are you proud of from 2011?
  • What is a goal of yours for 2012?
  • What do you want to see from Vanilla Bean Lean in 2012? Smile

1. Comment by Emily@RunningPerspective:

love love love seeing YOUR goals!!! we all know you are gonna achieve them and be AMAZINGGGG at all of it!!!
    best thing about 2011 was changing my body through lifting and ending the endless cycle of the “cardio” bunny routine!
    2012 is a year focused on ME and MY GOALS! i can’t wait to continue to PUSH myself in the gym and transform my body!
    I can’t wait to get my body to a level where I get professional pics done!
    I will keep learning and educating myself about fitness so that I can become a certified personal trainer!!!
    I cant wait to keep studying biochemistry and start applying for grad schools in biochemical exercise science!!!!
    this is my YEAR!!!!!!
    love this and I CANT WAIT to see your vlog!!!!!
    Emily@RunningPerspective recently posted..resolutionsMy Profile

Girl!!! I’m SO proud of you!!!!!! You’re SO right! 2012 is DEFINITELY your year! Keep that positive attitude, determination, and desire to achieve your goals alive and you’ll be so successful!! I know it! :-)

2. Comment by Alexandra:

Woohoo! Can’t wait to see you totally OWN all of your goals! :)
    2012 is gonna be SO amazing, looking forward to coming along for the ride!
    Alexandra recently posted..Look Out NostradamusMy Profile

3. Comment by Christina @ The Athletarian:

YES! I love your goals and I totally think you should run a marathon :)

I started off 2012 with a bowl of protein oats and now I’m at Starbucks setting goals for this year! Gym is closed…plus it’s my rest day today so it’s all good!

Like Emily, I am proud of breaking the cardio junkie in me and adding weight training to my routine! It definitely makes me feel amazing and I wish I had done it sooner! I really love it and love being inspired by fit and gorgeous women like you!

One of my fitness goals is to put on more muscle and change my eating habits to be even BETTER than they already are. I eat really well but I do tend to indulge a little more than I would like on special occasions. I need to realize that the pleasure of eating sugar-laden foods only lasts a few seconds but the pleasure of having a rocking body lasts forever. Eating clean makes me feel and look better and that is definitely going to be one of my focuses.

Finishing Jamie Eason’s trainer and looking amazing by the end of it is another one of my goals!! Only two months left to go!

I love how your blog is already but I am super interested in food and fuelling muscles properly so keep that coming!! I love stealing people’s recipes :)
    Christina @ The Athletarian recently posted..I have arms!My Profile

Love how you’re starting your 2012 too!!! Rest days are when you recover and grow those lovely muscles :-) I’m SO proud of you for accomplishing all you did in 2011… breaking that cardio junkie routine is tough but I’m so excited you’re loving the weights!!

You are totally ROCKING 2012 already. I’m really proud of you and I know you’ll definitely achieve all the goals you set out! I can’t wait to be a part of the ride while you rock Jamie Eason’s trainer and keep focusing on nutrition.

Definitely will be posting more recipes! Thanks for the input girly!! Happy new year :-)

4. Comment by Heather O'Fee:

I love this!!! I love that your goals are broken up into categories! A few of mine are: find happiness in my career, even if that means switching career paths, read and educate myself more-especially in the fitness world, and with knowledge in general, and run 5 half marathons to make my total of 10 in the last 3 years!

Keep up the awesome blogging! I’ve learned so much valuable information from you! I love the guest posts you’ve linked on fb as well! The paleo post from last week was amazing.

Happy 2012!

Heather! You rock!! Thank you for all the kind words :-) Wasn’t her post amazing?? And 5 marathons … seriously. You’re awesome :-) I know you’ll succeed in doing all you set out to do! Happy New Year!

5. Comment by Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table:

Awesome goals! I’ve been contemplating running a marathon for a long time… maybe this will be the year for me too.
    Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table recently posted..Indulging in 2012My Profile

OOOO I’d love to hear all about it if you do it!!! I know you CAN if you WANT to! Can’t wait to be a part of your 2012! Keep rockin’! Happy NY!

6. Comment by Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile:

Yuuummmm to your breakfast! You are awesome girl, you will definitely reach your goals. Good luck with ALL of them. So happy you blog and are a fitfluential ambassador as well :D Lets run a marathon together?!?

Thank you thank you!!! I’m loving that you’re a FF ambassador too – I hope one day we can meet and do a run together! Run a marathon together?? We totally should :-D At least a half marathon!!!!!! Maybe around thanksgiving time next year? We usually are in SW FL around everything thxgiving. Let’s contemplate!!

7. Comment by Lizzy:

I don’t think there is anything more fun&fabulous than running a marathon!! you should definitely run one if you can do it without injury! (which I believe you can!!) I loveee pain too (the good, ‘I’m getting stronger’ pain!)
    Your 2012 goals are awesome! I can’t wait to keep following your blog and cheer for you as you accomplish all of them! :)
    Have a great Sunday!
    xoxo!
    Lizzy recently posted..please don’t end 2011!My Profile

You’re fantastic Lizzy!! I’m so excited for you to be a part of my journey! And I’m so glad you’re a “love the good pain” fan too :-)

8. Comment by Natasha:

Running your own half marathon is totally awesome – you are a rockstar girl!!
    Definitely do a vlog – they are kinda awkward at first but fun at the same time :)
    Natasha recently posted..My Perfect Imperfections TagMy Profile

love this recap and goal map for the future!
    i’m starting off 2012 with a month long added-sweetener detox (real & artificial sugars).
    i took huge strides in my recovery during 2011 and i ran three 20 mile runs!
    2012: i’m going to complete a marathon and finish grad school!
    i’d love to see more recipes and workout ideas! especially interval training!
    teabagginit recently posted..Sugar Free Challenge Part DeuxMy Profile

LOVE that you’re doing the sweetener detox!!!!! Major props to you! I am sugar-free and other than stevia don’t use any sweeteners (no artificials for me!) and seriously love it. My digestive system thanks me daily :-) I can’t wait to follow your blog and see how you like the detox! I’m proud of you and excited for all of YOUR 2012 goals!

Interval training posts are in the works – so psyched you’re interested!!

10. Comment by Shannon from Healthiful Balance:

Pumpkin protein waffles? Yummy! :) Great way to start the day!
    One of my goals for 2012 is to work on my fitness. I want to start weight lifting and running more often. :)
    Shannon from Healthiful Balance recently posted..Change Of PlansMy Profile

11. Ping from Judgement in the Fitness World–Newbies | | Vanilla Bean LeanVanilla Bean Lean:

[...] to wake up today and decide to have a great day? I know I’m going to! Let’s make one of our goals for the New Year NOT to dread monday mornings, but to welcome them. To decide we’re going to ROCK the coming week [...]

12. Comment by Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats:

You’re going to rock 2012! :) I love your waffle iron–the roses are so cute!
    Abby @ Abz ‘n’ Oats recently posted..whirlwind weekMy Profile