No More MIA!

I know I have been MIA as of late. And no, that’s not cool. But now that clinicals are done and our internet is working again, someone’s BAAAACCCK! Winking smile

Source

I’m going to jump on the bullet point train and get you updated quick on what’s been going on in my life!

Thursday was my last clinical day for my entire Nursing program! HOLY MOLY! I graduate in June and have officially completed clinicals. I am psyched. That in itself is an awesome birthday gift! WOOHOO!

Friday was my BIRTHDAY!

You know you had a KILLER birthday workout when the back of your socks are wet from sweat dripping down your legs.

Sweat Score you ask!? 10+++!

LEG day + the Stairmaster + my BIRTHDAY = BEST coincidence! You all know how I LOVE leg day and doing stairs for cardio. My birthday wouldn’t have been complete without the two of them!

I had lunch with my brother, who happens to be one of my favorite people on the entire planet. I had vegetable & chicken soup and chicken satay. And after that, dinner with the love of my life, my hulk! I had trout and asparagus. YUMM!!

Saturday was fantastic. After some early morning gym time, my hulk and I had lunch, which consisted of pizza for him and meatballs and salad for me.

Source

We then drove around beautiful towns and stopped at Cabella’s for him to pick up some man stuff. Smile with tongue out He even got me the cutest tiny pink pocketknife to keep on my key chain. ADORABLE if you ask me, and super convenient. It has a nail file, tweezers, scissors, and a toothpick. Cool, hm?

Source

I had a BEAUTIFUL run this morning. The sun is shining, the birds are chirping and it’s Easter, so the roads were deserted. It was a beautiful run full of nature. Cardio is never better than when it’s taken outside!

Source

My hulk and I are headed to the gym to lift some heavy things in just a bit and then tonight is my birthday dinner with my family. My hulk, me, my brother, his girlfriend, my mom and her boyfriend are all going to Wildfire, a very nice restaurant that has delicious steak and seafood. I’m so excited for a great dinner.

And Monday will start more consistent posting from me!

What’s new in my fitness world you ask?

I have been muscle building and have started to add a bit more cardio in and am planning to lean out a bit. I’m thinking we should do this together. We (my hulk and I) already have clients well on their way (you know who you are and you’re ROCKING it – so proud of you guys!!) and I think it’d be fun to do it together, support each other here, and to have you guys lean out WITH ME! Summer’s a’-coming. Who’s in!?!? Open-mouthed smile

• What is new in YOUR life? Update me!
  • Are you trying to lean out for the summer?

1. Comment by Alex:

Happy belated birthday!!! So glad to hear all is going well for you girl, I’ve missed your posts! :)
    Alex recently posted..Instagram, Registration, and OstrichesMy Profile

2. Comment by Meg:

congrats sweetie :) Graduating in June!? SO EXCITING!

You sounds so happy through your words in this post :) so happy you had an awesome bday!
    Meg recently posted..An Easter Sunday Brunch RecipeMy Profile

3. Comment by Nicole K:

Happy Belated birthday!! Im looking to lean out and have looked into adding crossfit into my regimine, have you tried it before? What would you suggest as a way to lean out and not bulk up but still incorporating some hardcore workouts? Any advice would be great and its good to see you back :)

Tabata is fantastic for leaning out, not adding bulk, and doing some hardcore workouts! Check out Zuzana Light’s ZWOW’s on her Zuzka Light Youtube channel, or Bodyrock.tv!!! :-D Crossfit is AWESOME!!!! I haven’t ever been to a box (can’t wait until I do make it to one though!) but have done crossfit workouts and LOVE them! Go for it girl!!!

• Comment by Nicole K:

Thank you!! I love the ZWOWs!! Her workouts and the HIIT ones from bodyrock have been what I find is best for my body as far as losing weight. I used to be in the gym lifting all the time for soccer and softball but could never lose the weight. Def gonna try crossfit out. Thanks again!!

Absolutely!! I LOVE her ZWOWs & BR workouts. They get that heart rate going and the intensity and all out effort really help shed the weight! Can’t wait to hear what you think of Crossfit!

4. Comment by Kasey @PowerCakes.net:

glad you’re back love!! <3
    Kasey @PowerCakes.net recently posted..Caramelized Onion POWERCAKES & HandstandsMy Profile

5. Comment by Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile:

Yay you’re back!!!! I hope you had the best birthday girl! <3
    Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile recently posted..Easter SundayMy Profile

6. Comment by Kim:

So glad you are back, and congrats to graduating in June!! Sounds like you had a great birthday. I am also working on leaning out for the Summer and have been doing the Beachbody Insanity workouts, along with P90X to keep building some muscles. And I have a dog that I take for lots of runs and walks! :) Looking forward to more posts from you again!

7. Comment by Carrie @ Lift Eat Repeat:

I honestly can’t decide to gut or continue to gain this summer. I realize that I will have to be in a bikini at some point, but I feel like I’ve worked so hard for my muscle and am not ready to cut yet!
    Carrie @ Lift Eat Repeat recently posted..If He Brings You To ItMy Profile

I have had some of the same thoughts Carrie! I completely understand your dilemma. I may just lean out a tad but continue my muscle building and not cut drastically. I can’t wait to see what you end up doing!!!!

8. Comment by Maria @ Pappa Don't Preach:

I’m so thrilled and excited for you!!! Way to go girlie!!!!

Can’t wait to lean out for the summer! Already started last week but that bikini and sand between my toes is all the motivation I need! It makes me want to sing Big Pun’s Lean Back but change the words to “Lean Out… ” LOL
    Maria @ Pappa Don’t Preach recently posted..Well Hello, Adventurous AprilMy Profile

9. Comment by Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats:

Fun! I have that pink pocket knife and I absolutely love it! :)
    Abby @ Abz ‘n’ Oats recently posted..adventurous aprilMy Profile