WIAW is Back with a Vengeance

After rockin’ some Tabata this morning, I decided What I Ate Wednesday needed a comeback here. So, it’s back with a VENGEANCE!

Thank you for hosting WIAW, Jen!!

So here is What I ate LATELY Open-mouthed smile

Some breakfast eats…

Chocolate Chip Protein Pancake with Protein Frosting

Cheesy Egg Puff!

Cottage Cheese, Oats, & Raisin Dish.

Some lunch & dinner eats…

Guilt-Free Mac ‘N Cheese

Protein packed Quesadilla

Mahi-mahi & Asparagus

Salmon, Spinach & Veggies

Salmon Salad

There are things that happen and people or stories you come across that make you thankful for each and every moment you have, and remind you that there are much more important things in life than the small things we all complain about on a day to day basis.

The Importance of Waterproof Mascara, that Christie just wrote on her blog has really hit home with me and made me think. My gosh this woman is strong, please send her some positive thoughts.

Also, Tosca Reno just wrote an update about her husband, Bob Kennedy and his battle with cancer. This man has done more than most anyone for the fitness industry. She also did another post about Arnold coming to visit Bob, and it’s a VERY heartfelt post.

I have found through working in healthcare and being in the fitness industry that those with the most to lose and the toughest battles and hardships tend to rethink their priorities and really become the most positive people with the best outlooks and the kindest hearts I’ve ever met. Those that are very lucky and blessed often forget how lucky they are. Let’s not forget how lucky we are, and that every moment can be important. I am so thankful for all of the people in my life, especially my boyfriend and my brother. I am so thankful to be so lucky to choose to eat clean and work out daily. I am so thankful to be given that choice when some people in the world hope to have enough food not to starve. And I am so thankful for all of you, each and every one of you that read my blog, and the community that we’ve made here.

• Coffee Talk!
    What have you been eating and loving lately?
  • What are you thankful for?
  • Who inspires you to remember how important and fragile life truly is?

1. Comment by Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile:

Yum love all your eats girl!! <3
    Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile recently posted..Veg PledgeMy Profile

2. Comment by Carrie @ Lift Eat Repeat:

The salmon, spinach and veggies looks restaurant quality!!

Protein Frosting- I need to make me some of that!!
    Carrie @ Lift Eat Repeat recently posted..Oh Weights How I’ve Missed You SoMy Profile

Protein frosting is DELICIOUS!!!!! I just do a touch of so delicious sugar free vanilla coconut milk + cinnamon swirl about time protein – DELICIOUS! Just sweet enough without being overpowering! :-D

3. Comment by Alexandra:

Mmmmm that mahi mahi’s got me drooling! Definitely my all time favorite fish :) Great eats girl!
    Alexandra recently posted..Flushtastic WIAWMy Profile

4. Comment by Meg:

well you inspire me on a daily basis ;)

Lovely post girl. It truly is important to never take our life for granted. Being 30 hours away from home as I go to school has taught me to live each day like it’s my last. This is because whenever I am home the time goes by so fast, so I truly do treat it as though it’s my last time I will be home. Just have to be happy in the moment and live in the moment and love every part of it :D

All of your eats look so amazing! That mahi mahi especially ;) I am such a seafood lover
    Meg recently posted..WIAW: Let’s Build Muscle!My Profile

Awww. I LOVE your approach to life. Tomorrow is never guaranteed, and keeping that in the forefront of my mind has helped me learn to live in the present and appreciate all that I have :-D Thank you so much for your input on this girly. You rock!! :-D

And I’m major a seafood lover too!

5. Comment by She Rocks Fitness:

I had salmon last night and try to have it once a week! It’s so darn good and versatile…Love the way you prepared yours. Beautiful post!
    She Rocks Fitness recently posted..WIAW + My Take on Cheating…with Foods of Course!My Profile

6. Comment by Jill @ Fitness, Health and Happiness:

Right now I’m loving California Veggie Sandwich. I could eat it everyday. Not a day goes by that I’m not incredibly thankful for my husband and 2 kids. I’ve been known to wonder “how did I get so lucky?”

[Fitness, Health and Happiness]
    Jill @ Fitness, Health and Happiness recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday || Protein on A Vegetarian DietMy Profile

7. Comment by Jill @ Fitness, Health and Happiness:

Did my comment post?

8. Comment by Tracey:

I’m new to your blog, so many great food pics! Please tell me how to make all these things!

9. Comment by Madison @ Peanut Butter Lover:

Let’s see. I’ve been loving sweet potatoes lately(ie. everyday!) I’m thankful for a lot of things :)
    OKAY.. Comment time: That breakfast looks really tasty. I want to take a bite right now!

10. Comment by Christa Ingledue:

Your chocolate chip pancake and protein frosting looks delicious! Is the recipe posted somewhere I can get my hands on it? Thanks:)

I have some protein pancake recipes on my recipe page. This exact one and the protein frosting needs to be posted! I will do that asap! Basically, for the frosting, I use a touch of so delicious sugar free vanilla coconut milk with about time cinnamon swirl protein until mixed to desired consistency to put on top of the pancake! I’ll be posting it officially shortly! :-D

11. Comment by StoriesAndSweetPotatoes:

I love how your food pics are so close up and in your face, lol. I would like some of all please :D
    StoriesAndSweetPotatoes recently posted..Six Degrees Of Hippie BullshitMy Profile

12. Comment by Lisa:

I’m new to your blog! All your food looks super delicious. My kind of foods!

13. Comment by Jess @ Blonde Ponytail:

Love a good tabata set to start the day!! I need to look up your protein frosting recipe–looks like good eats. You are so clean!!
    Jess @ Blonde Ponytail recently posted..Hard Work. No Regrets. $40 for You.My Profile

14. Comment by Christina @ The Athletarian:

Reading your posts makes me want to eat my computer screen!! I know exactly what you mean about being thankful. I actually spent a few nights really upset about what happened to Bob. I was so affected by it even though I only met him once. I never understood how bad things could happen to such amazing people. I never take my life for granted and I am so thankful for every single person in my life, even YOU! I am so happy to know you and am certain we will be friends for life!
    Christina @ The Athletarian recently posted..Dear Bob:My Profile

15. Comment by Amanda @RunToTheFinish:

ok everyone keeps making these protein pancakes and i really want them, i need to make a batch and stop being lazy!! i just never think of it first thing in the morning
    Amanda @RunToTheFinish recently posted..Fantasy Fitness Vacation: Fun ChallengeMy Profile

16. Comment by Sara @ Nourish and Flourish:

Everything looks SO SO good! Would you like to share the recipes for your cheesy egg puff and protein-packed quesadilla? It’s 2am and they’re making me hungry! :-)

Loved this heartfelt post, girl. Thanks for reminding us that every day is a GIFT and that we should savor each and every moment. <3
    Sara @ Nourish and Flourish recently posted..What I’m Loving Wednesday: 4/18My Profile

17. Comment by Recki a.corchado:

I love your WIAW blog do you post the recipes? Pictures look delicous but recipes would be helpful. I’m a new follower love your blogs!