DA Active Meet Up

Can you say LONG OVERDUE recap!?! Alex of DA Active came into Chicago the other week and I was lucky enough to catch up with her at one of her demos at Equinox Gym & have lunch with her as well!

Some of the displays …

And Alex’s head + fit body mannequin with DA Active clothing = Fun meet up! Open-mouthed smile

Alex & I!

I have been rocking some new pieces… this top & these capris!

Here’s me in the capris!

DA Active is one of my favorite brands of workout clothes, as I’ve told you before; as I’m now a workout clothes convert! Smile with tongue out

I have been MIA because Saturday was my EXIT EXAM for NURSING SCHOOL! AHHHHHHHHH! I PASSED! GRADUATION HERE I COME BABY!

Can’t wait to get back into regular posting … went to two Cubs games last week and have been KILLING it in the gym, so I can’t wait to share all of that with you!

Although I’ve been somewhat MIA, I have been on Twitter (@vblean) & Instagram (vblean) all the time since I can do that pretty simply on my phone. Come join the fun and get all my crazy sweaty gym updates and instagram pics over there (What was I missing out on!?!? Why didn’t I join instagram like twelve years ago!?!?!) Talk about new addiction … Smile with tongue out

• What is new and exciting in YOUR life?
  • What is your favorite brand of workout clothes?
  • Do you have instagram? What’s your username so I can find you? I’m vblean Open-mouthed smile

1. Comment by Alex:

Congrats on passing your exit exam! How exciting, so happy for you!!!! :)
    Alex recently posted..trainer update, food finds, and shenanigansMy Profile

2. Comment by Carrie @ Lift Eat Repeat:

For workout clothes I usually just hit up Ross or TJ Maxx as they have great stuff at affordable prices!
    Carrie @ Lift Eat Repeat recently posted..Burger Recipe and Need Your Opinion!My Profile

3. Comment by Maggie:

I’m a lulu fan, but would love to try something new. I recall reading in comments about this brand that the sizing is a little different…Any input on how things run? For instance, if I take a 4 in Lululemon, how does that translate to da active?

I’d probably do a 6 … I usually get smalls in workout clothes but DAActive medium 6 is like a lot of smalls – and they stay tight, they don’t stretch out so I’d go a tad bigger than you think :-D

• Comment by Alex from DA Active :):

6 is my small :)

Feel free to email me if there are any sizing questions I am more than happy to help!!

Braided Tank and Running Tank run a little looser so downsize if you like things a little snugger

Everything else is pretty true to size! :)

4. Comment by amy:

yay congrats on ur upcoming graduation thats so exciting!!!

i love lulu clothes but man theyre expensive…soo sometimes target-their stuff is cute!

5. Comment by Miz:

I LOOOOVE ME SOME ALEX AND DA ACTIVE too.

and you.

xo
    Miz recently posted..Build a Relationship that Matters…With your Food! (guest post)My Profile

6. Comment by StoriesAndSweetPotatoes:

Congrats on your exam!! I’m pretty hooked on Champion stuff because they fit me well and they’re at Target, lol :)
    StoriesAndSweetPotatoes recently posted..A Gluten Free GiveawayMy Profile

7. Comment by Meg:

BABE! I have missed you :) I love this post though :) Seriously, Electra – do you know how amazing you look!? <3 Ahhhhh I love you :) You look amazing and are SUCH an inspiration to me!

Congrats on the PASS :D Woooo I knew you would pull it off though ;)

I am looking forward to upcoming posts babe :)

New and exciting things in my life? I started volunteering today AND I am just loving life at home :)

xoxo love u

8. Comment by Jess @ Blonde Ponytail:

CONGRATULATIONS!! Graduation has to feel so good! DA Active wear looks great–I’d be happy to wear that every day!
    Jess @ Blonde Ponytail recently posted..Vacation HangoverMy Profile

congrats on passing that exam – one step closer to success! :) i don’t spend very much on workout clothes – not busty enough to need nice sports bras and i can never justify spending $ on something i’m going to drench in sweat. you look great, though!
    teabagginit recently posted..Unleash the power of the slurpeeMy Profile

10. Comment by Lisa:

Congrats on passing your exam girl! Way to go! What a happy time in your life! I think I spend far too much on workout clothes, oopsy. I need comfy clothes to workout in though! Lulu is my love.

11. Comment by Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats:

Congrats on passing your exam! :)
    Abby @ Abz ‘n’ Oats recently posted..the big 23My Profile

12. Comment by Recki a.corchado:

Congrats on passing your exam! I love lulu lemon, they are expensive but worth the investment. I also like Marshall’s, Tjmax and Ross only if you have the patience to look around. I found a brand called Kyodan at Marshalls that I Bsolutely like but they don’t carry it often. It’s a hit and miss. The workout clothes are comparable to llulu but very reasonably priced.

13. Comment by Sara @ Nourish and Flourish:

CONGRATS, girl!!! So excited for you!! When do you graduate? I hope you’re celebrating this weekend! <3

I actually hadn't heard of DA Active until I read this post! I'm going to head on over there right now and check out the goods. ;) I love Lululemon, but my grad school budget only allows me to shop there once or twice a year. I usually stick with Target!

Happy weekend! <3
    Sara @ Nourish and Flourish recently posted..Let’s Chat About…CarbsMy Profile

14. Comment by Christina @ The Athletarian:

I love DA Active’s stuff! You and Alex are too cute!

Congrats on passing the exam, girl! You are a rockstar, but you knew that already! ;)
    Christina @ The Athletarian recently posted..Which one would you choose?My Profile