Natural Daily Detox Remedy Drink Recipe

I have been LOVING being obsessed with Instagram. What was I thinking missing out on the fun you can have on there?! Winking smile (I’m @vblean … come find me!)

Ready for a natural every day detox you can incorporate daily to help you on the way to your goals?

VBLEAN’S ACV Lemon Detox Drink

ACV

Ingredients:

• Cold Water
  • Ice
  • Apple Cider Vinegar (With the ‘Mother’)
  • Lemon Juice
  • Optional:
  • Cinnamon
  • Stevia

How-To Option #1:

Mix cold water (I use between 16-25 oz), a few ice cubes, 1-2 tbsp apple cider vinegar (the more you use, the more the detox effect but also the more bitter the drink will be), lemon juice of at least one full lemon, a sprinkle of cinnamon and stevia to taste. Drink entire thing first thing in the morning!

How-To Option #2:

Mix everything above but only in a few tbsp of water, and chase with 16-25 oz plain water. Drink both first thing in the morning!

Detoxification and Cleansing Properties of this Drink:

Apple Cider Vinegar:

The acids in apple cider vinegar bind to toxins and help the body get rid of them more effectively. It also helps fight against yeast, bacteria, and fungus. It breaks up mucus in the body and helps digestion. It also helps circulation and helps the liver detoxify.

Lemon:

Stimulates gastric juices which means it helps in detoxification, and it eliminates gases in the digestive tract. Lemon juice has a high potassium content which helps destroy toxins. Lemon juice helps bile secretion, which helps break down fats correctly.

Water:

Even mild dehydration can prevent the kidneys from detoxing the blood, so staying hydrated with sufficient water is so important. I have written more on the importance of water and staying hydrated here!

Cinnamon:

Stabilizes blood sugar and is an antiviral.

The benefits of this natural home-remedy detoxification are numerous. I personally drink this every morning to get my morning started off on the right foot. I find that I am not as hungry when I have this first thing in the morning. I also tend to drink more water all day long, and I feel it takes away any bloat. My cravings decrease as well. I promise adding a sprinkle of cinnamon and stevia makes it so much more palatable, and it becomes an acquired taste. Winking smile The benefits are worth it as well! Give it a try, I can’t wait to hear what you think!

What do you do first thing in the morning?

Have you ever tried apple cider vinegar?

1. Comment by StoriesAndSweetPotatoes:

I really should try this. I already have cinnamon in absolutely everything I eat like a crazy person :) I’m going to the grocery store in a bit, I’ll pick this stuff up! I’m running out of new things to try for my poor digestive system so maybe this will help.
    StoriesAndSweetPotatoes recently posted..First Times That Keep HappeningMy Profile

2. Comment by Alex @ therunwithin:

This is something I really want to try because I have the worst stomach issues between being allergic to gluten and just overall bad digestion. I have never really heard about how to use this cider vinegar so thanks for this!
    Alex @ therunwithin recently posted..It’s That TimeMy Profile

3. Comment by Meredith @ DareYouTo:

Thanks for sharing! Yes, I’ve tried ACV, but it is touughhh to chug down. I do like to use it in dressings :) but see the benefits of this drink
    Meredith @ DareYouTo recently posted..Join the RW Summer Running StreakMy Profile

4. Comment by Meg:

I have never drank ACV!!! I love waking up to an ice cold glass of water and lemon in the mornings though :) Every morning ;)
    Meg recently posted..Cherishing the MomentsMy Profile

5. Comment by Luvena:

Yay! I have my ACV (with the Mother LOL love that!) and Lemon Water every morning. I love the fresh cleaned out feeling it gives me all day long. Never tried it with cinnamon which it a shocker because I LOVE CINNAMON in like everything.

6. Comment by Sophie:

I drink 2 tbsp ACV mixed with 2 tbsp cold water twice a day, but will give this a try. This being said, I go to the gym for 6am every morning throughout the week (body pump/spin class). I usually wake up at 5:15, get ready quick, and drink my pre-workout shake around 5:30, and then head out to the gym. Should I still drink this detox “mix” 1st, before my shake, or wait and have it before my breakfast, around 7:45am…?

7. Comment by Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile:

I need to try this way of drinking ACV! I’ve only put it on salad dressings and stuff :)
    Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile recently posted..Fernandina BeachMy Profile

8. Comment by Chelsey:

I usually do a shot of just ACV in the morning, I’m going to try adding in the lemon and cinnamon now.
    Chelsey recently posted..Long Weekend Fun & EatsMy Profile

i was in a great habit of drinking acv every morning and sort of fell out of it – thanks for reminding me to pick that back up!
    teabagginit recently posted..One thing led to anotherMy Profile

10. Comment by Lisa:

I’ve been drinking ACV pretty similar to this! I think it tastes so good, but can’t drink it too often because I tend to suffer from stomach ulcers, which make it worse. Too bad. I also like using it for dressings!
    Lisa recently posted..Pumpkin Protein Cookie DoughMy Profile

11. Comment by Charissa:

I love this idea and am looking forward to trying it!
    Charissa recently posted..Tips for Healthy Traveling (& review)My Profile

12. Comment by Daniel:

Omg! Tried this yesterday and it was disgusting…I am not sure that I felt any different but I am not a quitter and about to have another for day two. I will keep you posted!

13. Comment by Claire:

I think it tastes so good, but can’t drink it too often because I tend to suffer from stomach ulcers, which make it worse. Too bad. I also like using it for dressings! Thanks for letting me stopped by.
    Claire recently posted..Panic AwayMy Profile

14. Comment by Carrie @ Lift Eat Repeat:

The thought of drinking vinegar is wierd to me, but I’ve seen it around a few times lately so it must not be too bad….. might have to try it!
    Carrie @ Lift Eat Repeat recently posted..The Mistake of FailureMy Profile

15. Comment by Alison:

I love this! I drink this all the time, except I add in a splash of pure, unpasterized cranberry juice :) I find it helps with bloating and digestion! :)

16. Comment by Kristin @ My Mission Impossible:

Electra dahling! I take a shot of ACV in the morning and also a glad of lukewarm water with lemon each morning as well…I will combine them and add some ice and cinnamon as everything is better with cinnamon!! Thx for the idea :)

17. Ping from My Favorite (Healthy) Things « Everyday Athlete:

[...] drink from the Vanilla Bean Lean blog – you can find her original post with the recipe here.  I love this drink.  I sometimes have it more than once per day.  I was skeptical that anything [...]

18. Comment by Angie N:

I have a question. I love ACV and lemon juice but have heard it is not good for the enamel on your teeth. Is that why it is best to mix with water? Thanks so much!

19. Ping from Back in the gym « Jen's adventures!:

[...] started out my morning with this morning detox concoction that I got from Vanilla Bean Lean’s blog. I can’t do the full drink (I swear I was [...]

20. Ping from WIAW & New Workout - My Mission Impossible:

[...] – 2 slices of Ezekiel raisin toast with coconut oil.  Then I drank some ACV concoction by Vanilla Bean Lean.  I usually just drink about 2 tsp in the morning with a bunch of water and some warm lemon water [...]

21. Comment by melissa:

Hi I only have Apple cider. Will that work as well as the ACV??

22. Comment by melissa:

will apple cider work too?
    thanks

23. Comment by Paige:

I have Great Value Apple Cider Vinegar. Will that work?