Look Into The Mirror
Would you ever tell your best friend that she’s fat?
Would you ever tell your best friend that she’s ugly?
Would you even tell an acquaintance either of those things?
No. No you wouldn’t.
So why, oh why, do you tell yourself all of those awful, terrible things?
Look into the mirror.
What do you see?
- You see a beautiful woman (or man) staring back at you.
- You see someone who is working to be the best them they can be.
- You see someone who is unique. No one else is like you.
- You see someone you will remember to love.
Remember, what you say to yourself is invaluable. TRULY invaluable.
No beating yourself up allowed.
Constructive criticism works, and is very necessary to become a better person. There is a large difference between talking to yourself negatively and constructively criticizing yourself. Talking to yourself negatively – whether through negative words or a negative tone – will only hurt your goals. You need to learn to be nice to yourself. Be real with yourself, but be supportive and nice. You need to be your own best friend. That’s how better people and confidence are built.
Self-talk and self-esteem go hand in hand. Those thoughts in your mind are more powerful than you think.
Remember – real, but nice and supportive at the same time.
Want to see more of me? Clickkk click below!
I’ll like, tweet, comment, IG, pin & chat back!
- Be completely honest – what are some things you tell yourself often? (I want to hear the good, the bad, AND the ugly.)
- What are you going to work on telling yourself?